It’s been a while, and things have been slow going, but here’s an 1859 update:
1. The process for the Blackbird Raum LP, Under The Starling Host, has truly been a nightmare. It went to press at the end of October (!), sat around in the warehouse for over a week before shipping to a WRONG address — in Canada! — and then shipped finally to me in Oregon from California. At least, the color vinyl did. The black vinyl is still stuck in customs! To make matters worse, half of the color vinyl is WARPED. There were just enough good copies to send for pre-orders, but I’ll be returning the rest to the plant. Ugh. I’m hoping the black vinyl is in good shape, but at this point I’m doubtful. Again, it’s been a nightmare, but I appreciate everyone’s patience with me. Stay tuned for additional updates about a possible new pressing (fingers crossed) at the plant’s expense.
Update to the update:
I’m an idiot. A few copies appear warped and I’ll refrain from selling those. After a spot check on some that I thought were affected, they sound and spin fine. False alarm. No repress.
Can you tell I’m new at this?
2. There’s good news about the Wretched of the Earth LP — it’s finally pressed! I’m waiting to hear about shipment on that project. It’s from the same pressing plant as the above mentioned record, but I’m optimistic the vinyl will be getting here in time for the band’s record release show on Dec. 20th in Portland. To all the people who have pre-ordered, THANK YOU for your support and continued patience!
3. The No///Se LP is on track for a January release. Stay tuned for a preview track!
4. You can now pre-order, download, stream, whatever the excellent Pageripper 12″ EP; it was an exclusive Punknews stream, but now it’s on the 1859 Bandcamp …
5. The Siege Fire LP is at the plant currently and slated for a February release. I’ve been getting updates from the artist and the gatefold jacket is going to be very, very impressive.
6. The Blackbird Raum double LP version of their classic Swidden album is on track for a February release; 500 will be pressed, with 100 of those on translucent blue vinyl. Jackets will be through Stumptown, in Portland, and be similar to the CD version. Pretty excited about that!
7. The debut vinyl release from Chicago’s excellent post-metal/atmospheric black metal quartet, Vukari, is on track for a January release. The initial pressing will be limited to 300 copies on 180 gram black vinyl. It’s an excellent EP, really looking forward to seeing how it turns out on the vinyl format.
Anyhow, as you can see, lots of things in the works still. That’s not even including 2015 releases from Lynched (Ireland), Strangeweather (Portland), Sol (Portland), Dark Circles (Montreal), and possibly (hopefully) others!
If wearing label shirts is your thing, 1859 now has one for sale for purchase here:
Also, please be sure to follow 1859 on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
As always, anything purchased from the webstore goes directly back into the label and is greatly appreciated. Consider it a donation to the continuation of DIY punk/metal releases. Cheers for the support!