Where to start? 2015 is already stacked!
To begin with, the label is no longer based in Portland. It’s now officially a Corvallis label. Where is Corvallis? About 1.5 hrs south of Portland. Why Corvallis? Because it’s the area where I grew up. Portland is a great town with a lot of opportunities, but home is where the heart is …
I still plan on heavily supporting Portland-based punk and metal, so stay tuned for some exciting announcements involving such acts in the upcoming months. Also, I don’t know how to replace the tag line on this page from “Portland” to “Corvallis” … so, uh, yeah. RELEASE UPDATES:
1. The PAGERIPPER 12″ EP has finally been pressed and is shipping this week! After they get here, I’ve got to get ’em screened on the B-side, which will probably take another week. After that, pre-orders will be shipping. The band should have them in time for a record release show they’re playing with another great Portland band who is also releasing an excellent new record (DIVERS) on February 15th (http://www.facebook.com/events/384204171756322/)! You can still pre-order the EP here: http://1859records.bandcamp.com/album/pageripper-bruce-jams-vol-iii-12-inch-ep
2. The NO///SE
LP has been pushed back a couple of weeks, unfortunately. It’s likely going to press in early February. Kind of a bummer, but it will be worth the wait. The jackets are in and they look great (heavyweight, matte-finished). There are still copies available on translucent blue, although they’re selling steadily. Don’t snooze! You can still pre-order here: http://1859records.bandcamp.com/album/o-s-lower-berth-12-inch-lp
… also, check out the bonus chip-tune version of “Buried Alive” and their excellent version of Tom Wait’s “Dirt In The Ground”! Included with the digital-download only, not on the vinyl.3. Tests have been approved for the VUKARI
12″ EP (and the heavyweight, matte-finished jackets/inserts have arrived) + the BLACKBIRD RAUM Swidden
double LP, but they likely won’t be going to press until April. Stay tuned for pre-orders!
4. The first round of the SIEGE FIRE LP tests were rejected, unfortunately. This will delay the project a bit, but that just gives singer Mike Roberts more time to wrap up the stunning gatefold art he’s been working on. Really excited about that!
5. Lacquers have been cut and sent to the plant for the STRANGEWEATHER
releases. If you haven’t heard these excellent Portland doom bands, you’re in for a treat. Both will be touring heavily in 2015. You can listen to the entire LP or purchase the tape version here (the LP will have different art + also be remastered, both for vinyl and digital): http://deathculturetapes.bandcamp.com/album/s-l-black-mountain
6. Ever heard of the German post-punk/darkwave PINK TURNS BLUE
? I don’t think enough people these days have. In 1987, they released an excellent debut LP called If Two Worlds Kiss
and it’s almost impossible to find without paying $100 for. Thankfully, the band has generously allowed 1859 to remaster & repress it in 2015! Look for multiple color variations (red, pink, blue, black). Likely a late summer/early fall release. Super excited about this one. Check out the album via YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qf3wC9qLMg
* I currently have 1859 releases stocked in the following Portland record stores: Blackwater, Green Noise, Mississippi, and 2nd Ave
* One my priorities in 2015 is increased distribution (Ebullition, at the very least). If you, or anyone you know of, is interested in wholesale, please let me know and I can send you my list with prices. Thanks!
* SÓL has booked time @ Type Foundry Studios in Portland this October to record a new LP for 1859 with the mighty Billy Anderson! That should sound amazing.* There are releases in 2015 planned for WOLVHAMMER, among others … stay tuned for more details!
Also, while I wanna acknowledge that doing a vinyl label in 2015 can be challenging, I really do appreciate the support. I’m excited about all the bands I help release music for, and I know they appreciate your support, as well.Okay, I think that’s it. For now, at least.